Day 5: We made the 7 hour round trip to
Seaworld San Antonio. I was very excited, because I had never been to Seaworld anywhere before.
Here we are getting ready to watch the Shamu show.,
Believe.

I've seen Free Willy, but I couldn't believe how high killer whales can jump!

or how big they are.

This looked so magical.

If you look closely, you can see a lady on the nose of the whale

Two whales as up close as I would get, I didn't want to get soaked first thing. We sat right behind the splash zone.

Seth was very excited at first. Then he just conked out. The lady next to me commented to me at the beginning of the show how much Seth seemed to enjoy the show. At the end of the show she said that he must not have enjoyed it so much. (I think he was just exhausted!)

Next we went to look at the Dolphins, my favorite! The warning that dolphins splash came a tad too late as I wasn't able to move fast enough to avoid this splash and Daniel and I got wet!

The bottlenose dolphins were gorgeous!

Mama and baby

Then we went to watch a dolphin and beluga whale show,
Viva. The people in this show were real dare devils, jumping 3-4 stories into the water!

These people were jumping from a swing, then they did flips into the water.

Next was a Beach Party with Sesame Street! This was pretty cute and luckily uncrowded! We were able to sit on the second row.

Daniel really liked it, but kept a death grip on my arm. I guess he was scared that I was going to toss him on stage with Elmo!

On our way to the next place, Joy and I stopped at a roller coaster and asked if they were running. They were and the wait was only FIVE MINUTES!! It took longer to walk up to the ride, then it did to get on the ride. So Joy rode it, then I did....then we went to check out the next roller coaster, which had a longer wait....TEN MINUTES! So I got on that one, but Joy didn't.
Three roller coaster rides in about 35 minutes, I couldn't believe it. We then went to see the next attraction....penguins!

On the way out of the park, I snapped a pic of Joy with Seth and Daniel.

And me in front of the fountain.

A quick stop in a gift shop and a look at Busch the Clydesdale Horse, which was HUGE!

We left the park....

Saw the "Heres to the Hero's" eagle

and after we got on the road and listened to Daniel SCREAM for ten minutes....

we had blissful silence for an hour, from both boys.

and so ended my trip to Seaworld. I'm glad that I went, and may go check out the one in Florida, but given the choice I know I will still chose Disney!
Last on my spring break adventure, the trip on home on Good Friday, aka Tornado Friday!
No comments:
Post a Comment