Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Home!

Day 6: After we got home from Seaworld Thursday night, Seth decided to pull himself all the way up, boy was he proud of himself! You can even see his two bottom teeth in this one.

Friday morning, the day I was going home, Daniel decided to entertain me, I'm not sure where the Santa hat came from.
Seth is wearing the same frog outfit that Daniel wore two years ago, when I drove home with Joy and him, on the day I left. I wanted Seth to keep up the tradition!
Frog boy eating a frog....ewww a red frog at that.
Silly monkey hollering about something.
This was my one attempt to get a picture of me with both boys....it didn't go so well.
Joy snapped this one of Daniel, me and Seth when we dropped the boys off at Eric's mom's house before she took me to the airport.
Seth and me.
Daniel and me.
Now for the joy of the flight home! I left San Angelo at 11:05. We were told at 11:00 that the pilot wanted to be in the air in 10 minutes, so we were going to load quickly, and quickly we loaded! We were off the ground by 11:15.
The flight from there to Dallas was fine. The flight from Dallas to Charlotte was okay until we had to fly around a huge storm....which was fun. (note the sarcasm)
I got to Charlotte and we were delayed, and delayed, because the flight crew was coming in on another flight. While I was sitting in the airport the weather got worse and worse...then it started to hail! I called my parents to see what the weather was like in Charlotte and at home. I was told it was good at home, but not in Charlotte, obviously.
Our flight crew finally made it, an hour late, and we sat on the tarmac for about 45 minutes, because we couldn't take off while there was lightning. Finally we were up in the air, in the middle of a storm! and flying (the hour flight) through the storm, over the storm and around the storm.
I finally landed at home (an hour late) and according to the monitor in the airport my flight was on time :(, go figure.
My parents picked me up and took me home, it was only drizzling. They dropped me off at home then headed home themselves. (about a half hour drive) Halfway there, they had to pull over because it was hailing so hard they couldn't see. They finally made it home an hour later.
The storm got worse, but not as bad as it did in some of the surrounding areas. Several tornadoes touched down nearby and did a lot of damage. One of my co-workers had a very "exciting" adventure, which will have to be another post.
But that was my road trip to Texas and the flight home adventure!

No comments: