Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Fire!!

First off I must say this was NOT my house or immediately near my house. I came home about 4:45 and saw about 5 million cars lining the side of the road, 6 fire trucks, 8 police cars and several rescue vehicles. I could see smoke coming from one of the side streets (with houses). It kind of looked near Chris's house, which it wasn't, but it was the street behind his. I found this out after calling Chris and freaking him out. (I did call him back and let him know his house was not on fire).

I also had to call Bronson...his mom lives a few houses down from where the fire was.



2 hours later....about 15 evacuated homes, 2 townhomes completely gone, 4 with major damge to the back of the house (including burned down fences and melted siding), 2 with extensive water damage, and many, many people not staying in their homes tonight. Look here for the story.

(The good news was the fire wall between units seemed to work, unfortuanally the fire was between two garage units, which did not have firewalls seperating them, because they were not connected.)

Case in point, I am very lucky it wasn't my house...or near my house. Also, this proves the point that you really shouldn't park on the side of the road.

The tanker truck had to drive over yards, trash cans, bushes and small trees to get to the house.

Now please go check your smoke alarm.

No comments: