Sunday, August 16, 2009

My Flight!

Better late than never... to knock off the start of a new school year (August 7, 2009), I got to go for a flight in the balloon with Darlene and Manning (the pilot). I didn't even know I was going up in the balloon until Candi told me on our way to help launch the balloon! Since it was really foggy on my first flight, Manning let me go for another ride.

Here we are leaving from South Columbia Elementary (where I attended K to 4th grade)


Washington Commons, where my grandma lives



Looking back at Lakeside High and Middle where I also went....Blue Ridge Elem is down in the bottom left, but behind the trees.



Evans High School....I did NOT go here at all!



Me with the "Rising Stars" in my eyes ;)

Looking back at the CC Government Complex, where Jonathan used to work.


When I win the lottery, this is where I'm going to live.....but I might need to start playing the lottery to win!

I-20 west boundI-20 east bound


This is John Deere....where we were aiming to land.
A close up of a few tractors....from the air!


Jonathan apparently had fun flying in the balloon on his flight that he came out to help chase for my flight....he even had to drive the chase car. He said he had fun, although he did get fussed at for not wearing his gloves when we dropped the drop-line.

No comments: