Really, really early this morning around 2:30 I hear beep.......beep. Oh man, the battery in the smoke alarm is dead and the stupid thing is beeping. I just had to chuckle, because I told my renters, that without a doubt the battery would die in the middle of the night...and they should keep a 9volt battery on hand. Guess who didn't have a battery. So off I went to get the smoke alarm down so it would quit beeping.....

Did I mention that the smoke alarm is on the ceiling? About 10 feet up? Of course my (short, little) ladder didn't reach, so I had to get creative....a bar stool on top of the hope chest (aka toy box my dad built when I was little)!
After yanking the smoke alarm down, I guess I should be really glad that the alarm wasn't at the highest point of the ceiling which is about 12 feet up :)

The culprit.

Now guess who went to two different stores today and still forgot to get a new battery?
Did you know that even after I unplugged the alarm AND took out the battery the crazy thing beeped again? Now I do have to say it sounded like it was dying, but still!
No comments:
Post a Comment