Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Christmas Traditions

Well I don't have any cute kiddie stories, other then I went to see the girls open a few of thier presents, and fed Blane, but our traditions, both old and new came through again this year.

Last year and this year both, we have had Christmas Eve dinner at my house. Last year I think we had to order pizza, but this year I made pizza fondue...yummy!!

Every Christmas morning we used to have to sit at the top of the stairs and wait until Mom and Dad got the lights on the tree, breakfast in the oven, and everything ready for us to come down....but since we have "grown up" we eat first. This year we started at 9:00 and ate dinner at about 2:00, then everyone took a nap (also a tradition).

This year I made Breakfast Cake and I must say that it was very good!!



We usually check out our stockings first, but again in the past couple of years, we have been saving them for last.

Left to Right: Grandma, Dad, Mom, Me, Jonathan (Bandit's is in the Living Room)


The tree with the presents, it is always at this window or the other in the Living Room, so you can see the lights outside. I remember one year we came downstairs and the tree was covered with 2 dollar bills!! Who says money doesn't grow on trees.

Some of the presents under the tree...it wasn't a huge Christmas this year, because I had gotten a new fridge and Jonathan is getting a Kevlar vest.

Mom always puts out the ceramic tree that she made. It take 'forever' to put all of the light bulbs in the tree, but it sure looks pretty when it's done.

Here is the before picture of our dinner table...I forgot to take a during or after picture, and mom didn't get out her Christmas dishes this year, but we used the dishes that she got from Grandma. Santa always leaves a little trinket or goody on the table. One year he left lottery tickets, though no one won.



No comments: